Qi Gong Classes in Portland with Dr. Tony Murczek
Introduction to Qi Gong
|Qi Gong is the active practice of cultivating Qi. Even though we cannot taste, touch, see or feel it, Qi is universal and we often forget that this essential life energy courses through our bodies and throughout our lives.
Qi Gong serves as a means to develop our Qi or our awareness of Qi. For some it consists of one of the many varieties of physical movement and for others it consists solely in the form of meditation. In certain practices the exercises are fluid movements, or focused stillness or stretching as well as meditation. Regardless of the form, Qi Gong is a tradition that has been handed down for 1000's of years and seeks to stabilize our inner being and relationship with the world around us.
Dr. Murczek has been practicing Qi Gong since 1996. He has taught the Qi Gong forms of Soaring Crane, Super Energy Clapping Hands, and Essence Qi Gong in the greater Portland area. While this is rarely a specific treatment for patients, it is always encouraged. The personal practice of Qi Gong can provide inner peace and understanding and serves as the perfect remedy for most daily stresses people endure.
Benefits of Qi Gong
- Improves overall health and wellbeing
- Reduces chronic pain
- Integration of mind, body, and spirit
- Increases longevity and quality of life
- Balances energy, restore vitality and youthfulness
- Helps you feel more centered and relaxed
- Improves balance and increases flexibility
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Promotes better sleep habits
- Release toxins from the body
- Improves stress management
- Boost immune system
- Promotes spiritual healing
- Increases awareness, intuitive and psychic abilities
- Enhances creativity
- Improves circulation and generates warmth within to counteract cold weather
- Increased metabolism
- Improves digestion
- Stabilization of hormone levels
- Helps control inflammation
- And more…
Soaring Crane Qi Gong
Soaring Crane Qi Gong is a 45 minute session, occurring in two phases. The first phase utilizes five routines that emulate the gentle movements of animals like a crane in flight, in combination with visualization techniques. The second phase is called Standing Meditation (a.k.a. The Wise Doctor) and restores health by allowing the qi to flow to the areas in the body that need healing. Results of Soaring Crane Qi Gong are realized swiftly and effectively, and consistently ranks as one of the top three Qi Gong forms in China with documented cases of Cancer remission.
You should not participate in Soaring Crane Qi Gong if you have been diagnosed with: psychological disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar, or borderline personality, or if you are pregnant.